Dont Cry For Me Argentina Instrumental
It won’t be easy, you’ll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I’ve done
You won’t believe me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she’s dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you
I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn’t stay all my life down at heel
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun
So I chose freedom
Running around, trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to
Don’t cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don’t keep your distance
And as for fortune, and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired
They are illusions
They are not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
I love you and hope you love me
Don’t cry for me Argentina
Have I said too much?
There’s nothing more I can think of to say to you.
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true
Do you want to become an inspired leader in 2017—one who makes a big difference in your team, your organization, and society?
A good place to start is to review the qualities and practices of exceptional leaders, which have remained the same since the beginning of civilization, as summarized in a book M.A. Soupios and I co-authored, The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership.
Here are 12 quotes from the book that provide a glimpse into the qualities and practices of great leaders:
- Skills and experience might land you a leadership position, but they don’t make you a true leader.
- Leadership comes from inside—and the greatest leaders first question themselves before they tackle the world around them. To aid in this critical interrogation.
- The “fate” of organizations is not based on the stars. The character of an organization’s leadership determines a company’s destiny.
- The assumption of authority brings out the leader’s inner world.
- Leadership cannot be done by the numbers.
- Toxic environments are not the result of spontaneous bad fortune. They are the result of toxic leaders.
- Of all the many potential shortcomings an assumed leader might bring to an organization, nothing is more lethal than the arbitrary application of power.
- Supervisors who constantly micromanage, who second-guess every subordinate decision, who gleefully await any and all opportunities to criticize and bully, are a toxic presence in any environment.
- The most lethal distortions come not from the lips of our opponents or competitors. They tend to flow, instead, from our own hearts.
- Truth is an invaluable corporate asset. Don’t let it go waste. Embrace it.
- Never underestimate the power of personal integrity; always set an honorable agenda; adhere to a code of professional conduct; never try to justify dishonesty and deceit; rather fail with honor than win by cheating.
- Honest assessment is an essential requirement of effective leadership….The problem is that the higher up the ladder you go, the less likely it is that you will receive complete and accurate information.